You Are Reading

OUGD501 - Theory Into Practice: Designing the Type Led Page

I then started designing for the typography led design page.
As I have already done the first two, it was easy to put the content into the same layout.

I started with the hero banner.


I added the type pattern - using all different web fonts available to keep it relevant.


This would be the next section with a little intro. The idea is the magnifying glass would be CSS3 animated, and the user would be able to roll over all parts of the letter and see each bit magnified.



Here is what the quote section looks like.


I then went on Illustrator to make another illustration for the next section, and drew a speech bubble for one of the sections. I merged two shapes together and added a drop shadow.


Here is the next section, I reused two of the illustrations as they made sense with the content.


Now I need to think of the debate. I thought it could be to do with licensing, point size, what service is your favourite, or how to implement fonts onto your site. I thought licensing would be more apt on the debate page, point size is a bit basic, and how to implement web fonts is easily known if you are a developer/web designer.

In the end I decided to look how type has changed in different areas of a site - the hero banner, bodycopy and when being used in storytelling.

I decided to call the debate 'progression' as these are not necessarily new ways in which type is being used, but an improvement.






Then I asked what did people think had progressed more?


Here is what the 'or view more trends' section looks like, with the other two trends as links.


I decided to combine the two sections together, and have the simple heading 'What Next?'


This is what the last two sections look like together.


Here is the final design:





Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.