You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design For Web: Igloo Hotel Audience

Although I have done a survey asking people if they would go to this hotel and why, I thought I would look at reviews of people that have already been to see the kind of people that actually go.

I went onto TripAdvisor to look at the reviews, and this shows who went to the Hotel. It shows the vast majority of people are couples, followed quite far behind with families.


I then went to look at the reviews. This was the most recent one:

5 of 5 starsReviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a queen suite cabin and one night in a glass igloo as part of our honeymoon to finland and all we want is to be back there!! Staff were very nice and friendly, left a bottle of wine and chocolates in our cabin for us! Rented a car so we ate in nearby Saariselka most nights. Ate one night in the resteraunt and wasn't a big fan of the (all) seafood dishes. Would recommend renting a car for the freedom to do what you want and eat were you want. Lovely woods all around for hikes, nature walks etc. Would highly recommend staying here!
This shows it was a couple on their honeymoon, and that they stayed in the igloo. They also mentioned taking part in outdoor activities, showing they were interested in that side of Lapland.  

Things I noted:
  • 'proposed in the doorway of our snow covered cabin!'
  • 'The most magical and romantic setting for a proposal!'
  • 'Husky rides and snowmobiles in the day was FANTASTIC'
  • 'glass heated igloos which was an amazing experience!'
  • 'travelled as a couple'
This review shows how romantic of a setting it is, and not only was the trip for a couple, it was for a special occasion - a proposal. I need to make sure I portray how special it is on my website to encourage this kind of thing more, as the existing website isn't very magical.



Things I Noted:
  • A family have visited, so it isn't just couples who go
  • 'one night in glass igloos - again an experience'
  • 'Snowmobiling amazing time'
Needs to target families as well as couples, so can't only emphasise the romance of the hotel. I'm also taking note at what activities people enjoyed while they was there because it will help me know what to include on the website/home page, as well as the answers from survey that I have taken.


Things I Noted:

  • 'we married in the ice chapel on site'
  • 'Extra curricular activities such as reindeer safaris and skiing can all be booked at reception'
Mentions the ice chapel and and other activities available, which shows their popularity and that they are rated highly.


Things I Noted:
  • 'I'd take this igloo over a hotel room, any night'
  • 'I'm so happy that I finally had the chance to stay in the igloo village'
  • 'Stay in the glass igloos, and try to come in the winter to see the Northern Lights'
This shows how the igloo hotel is definitely an experience, and one that you can't get anywhere else. It needs to be advertised as such on the website I think, as this is very appealing about the hotel. It also recommends the Northern Lights, which are also proving the most popular thing people want to go see in my survey.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.