You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design for Print: Own Ticket Research

Although I am researching different ticket designs, I found these set of tickets that I own and thought it would be useful to look at these too, to see what is included on them and how layout is used, as they are for a different purpose than the ones I've been looking at.

These are a collection of the tickets I had, and I think if I want to make my cards mimick real tickets then I should consider the back of them, where the barcode is etc.





This is a ticket for the Metro in Barcelona.


This is part of a bigger ticket which can be seen on the main scan, and shows that image can also be used on tickets to help the viewer identify with it. It would be good for my project if I included images because it would show the student the process I am talking about. 


This is a cypriot ticket, and I think the layout is quite informal, and even though it's in a different language I can tell that the bold type is something important, and its a priced ticket for a journey. I want my tickets to also be clear and simple, because print is like another language when you don't know anything about it with all the terminology and long proccesses, so it needs to be clear.


This train ticket includes:
  • Destination
  • Route
  • Class
  • Ticket Type
  • Date it's valid
  • Price
  • Number
In my own work I could stick to this style, using headings such as 
  • Destination (equipment)
  • Route (Vernon/Blenheim)
  • Class (Difficulty)
  • Ticket Type - (Process name)
  • Date it's valid (How long it takes - short/long process)
  • Price (Cost of production)
  • Number (Blenheim/Vernon print room details)




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.