You Are Reading

OUGD501 - Theory Into Practice: Website Mockup/Breakdown

As I am only handing in a proposal of a website, I wanted to show a more visual way of how it works as I can't code it. To do this i I thought I would do a breakdown of the site which details each aspect of the site.

Site Breakdown

  • Mockup on Laptop Screen
  • Sitemap
  • Navigation
  • Buttons
  • Iconography
  • Colour
  • Typeface
  • Quotations
  • Question/Result
  • Forms
  • Mobile
I also drew out how it would look - it would follow the same aesthetics as the site itself to keep it relevant and easy to understand.



As I wanted to show a professional finish, I decided to mock up the site on a mac screen.






Site Breakdown
I then started making a document that shows how the site works, seen as I can't code it.

The top banner looks like the rest of the website, but without the navigation and a different title.


I then started to show the navigation, and how the buttons look like when the user interacts with them. I tried a few different layouts for this.





I then added the typography styles that I used. I didn't include pt size, as this would change depending how big the users screen was.


I then started adding in the iconography, I put it in the same style as I had inputted illustrations throughout the site.


For the results section I wanted to show what the buttons looked like as well as what happens when the user chooses an answer.


For the forms I wanted to show what it looks like when you type into it.


I then started working on the mobile site for it.


I started applying the home page to a mockup. I know that it needed to be on three slides so I designed according to that.


Here is the final home page on mobile.


I then changed the background colour to the two greys that I have been using.



I applied it on to the slide, but I felt it would be better if everything was grey.


Website Breakdown
Here is the final website breakdown:




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.