You Are Reading

OUGD505 - Design Production 2: Airports - Graphic Design

I looked at how airports are inspired in graphic design.

I love the grain in this illustration which gives it a lot of texture. The shades of blue connect to the title, Jet Blue, and the sky. You can see a faint aeroplane silhouette in the window which adds a bit of interest to the poster.


I love this illustration done for La Times Travel, and is the kind of thing I would like to do if I do a publication for this project. I love the colours as it makes it seem quite retro.


This is a tag for Pan Am, and I love the simplicity of it, and how it still portrays the brand strongly.


This is another illustration, and could be a good style to use in a travel publication. 


I really like the cover of this book, and it has combined design and the airline Lufthansa to create a really nice, modernist aesthetic. I want to know whats on the inside!


This poster for Swiss Air uses overprinting on aeroplane silhouettes which looks good. I don't think it matches the brand though as it isn't clean.


Creating clean illustrations like this would work well in a publication because it matches the minimal aesthetic in airports.


This is a boarding pass, which is something I could create as part of printed collateral. 


This is part of a book and looks like a transparent page. This would be a cool idea to do if I was doing a book on say, airport architecture.


Even the sugar is branded with the airline, so shows the breadth branding can be applied to.


Another illustration for a magazine, this illustration is clean, contemporary and minimal. Malika Favre is my favourite illustrator.


This poster shows an aerial view of the airport in a minimalist, modernist style which makes it more attractive than if it was a photograph.


This selection of airline tags shows the variation you can do, and the different layouts that are usually used.


This is good to reference back to for ticket layout. I like how clean it is even though it includes a lot of information.





Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.