You Are Reading

OUGD601 - Methodologies and Critical Analysis

Methods

How the information you have found is

  • sourced
  • collected
  • collated
  • presented
Think of a methodology at this stage
  • what am I researching
  • why am I researching it
Picking a methodology is about picking a side

Choose a theoretical standpoint

1. Take the question and decide on methods

1. Make decisions about how to collect/order information
2. Choose a relevant theoretical stand point
3. Apply these to your study
4. Explicitly outline this in the introduction. Address suggested failings in the conclusion.

Dissertation will have a number of chapters addressing different elements

Introduction will outline methodical approach, and identify why I chose that, and break down the different components.

How is my choice of topic influenced by my emotions; aspirations; context?

What is the evidence for what I'm saying?

Evidence based on research, logical and reasoned methodological approach, argument

Argument
what do I want to say?
Have I got the evidence to back it up?
Where else do I need to look in order to find more evidence?

Am I expressing myself clearly and logically?

Move from the general to the specific

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.