You Are Reading

OUGD504 - Design for Print and Web: Initial Research

I decided to do some initial research based on my idea of having a restaurant in a train station or airport, or even rebranding plane food. I looked at different cafes and restaurants in airports to see how the space is used and what materials are used.



I also looked at plane food, because I would need to create some packaging.




I looked at cafes in train stations to see how these are branded and how they are advertised. Pumpkin Cafe is one that I see a lot, and so I looked at that. 




I also looked at pictures of people eating on trains, as the idea for mine is that people would eat here rather than on the station.


This is food you can get on France to Spain trains, showing that train food does get packaged similar to plane food on long haul journey's, which is what I would look at.


I looked at some typography terminology to see if it would help me think of any names that could incorporate type as well as travel and food.











I also looked at types of restaurants, as this would help me establish what mine would be called and the options there are.



At this point I then looked at more ideas, and came up with my final concept to do a cafe for people who want to do work and read, so I'm going to look at research for that now.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.