You Are Reading

OUGD503 - Responsive: Sophie Davey Photography Business Card Research

I wanted to research some business card designs before creating my own.


Wooden
This business card is made out of wood, and so just shows it can be done on different materials. This is something that I could do because I can screen print onto this material.



Photography
This is for a photography business like my client, but I think it is very tacky. It is a fold out card and an awkward shape, so isn't very economical. I don't think the use of layout is used very well considering the shape of the card.



What I like about this business card is the painted sides, and the stock of the card. I think they work well together, and the stock is quite different compared to common white stock which makes it stand out a lot more.



I love the colour and layout of this business card, and think it is classy. The logo is very simple and works well in the corner of the card. It is also portrait which is quite unusual for a business card.



Bombay Bakery
This is an edible business card which reflects the company well, and makes the audience remember it more. It would also make the audience go back so they can get another one.



This shows a little bit of how to paint the sides of a business card, by spraying onto it. This is something that I really want to consider.



Another example of painted sides, and I think it works really well with the red text and logo. I don't even think it looks overpowering with it all being red, due to the white space around the text.



This one shows a full image on one side, which is what my client wants, and two different variations of text added onto it. I like the white one and how it blocks out the image, but I also like the idea of having another colour with a different opacity on top so you can still see it.



This card is made from perspex which is a bit different and I like it because it stands out a lot, and I think people would like to touch and play with it because it's an unusual material. 




I like how the contact information takes up the full side of this card, as though it is 'text as image'. 



Another example of the side painted. I would need to choose a thick GSM, so should have a look at some different papers. I know mountboard is 1000 but I wouldn't want to use that material. 



Bjorn Glestard
I love how simple this business card is, and I think it works well with the duotone image as it matches the colour of the logo.



I really like the embossed design on this card, and the layout of the text. By using the bright orange, it draws the viewers attention to it.



I love how the gold foil matches the side of the business cards and looks very high end.



I really like the layout of this card, and even though it is just text I think the fact it is all contained makes it more interesting to look at.



I also really like the layout for this because it is simple and easy to follow. I don't think it is boring either because it has little accents such as the embossed logo, separating lines and bold title.


This is die cut, and you can also tell the quality of the card is high  due to the thickness and texture of it. I think this makes a difference to the business card because it has a different feel to cheaper ones.



I like how this card has a stamp to print on the logo, and creates a hand rendered effect which could add to the tone of the brand.



Delfex
I really like the layout of this card, and how the bodycopy takes up 2/3rds of the grid while the logo takes up the rest with the white space which balances out the bodycopy.



Camerata
You don't usually see white on black stock on a business card, and I think this would work best digitally printed. I like the layout of the text, but I don't think the font works that well. It's quite old fashioned given the contemporary look of the card.



I LOVE how this foiled effect is used on the monochrome photograph and makes it look really special. I also like the border around the photograph and think it makes it look vey professional. I could do something like this for my client.




This is also uses a full photograph/illustration on one side which is what my client wants, and I think that this really sets the tone of the company because of the choice. I think the edges cut in this pattern make it seem very floral and feminine as well.



Manor Properties
Even though this is very simple, I think it is very elegant due to the choice of colour and font.



wrk
I love this example of painted sides on the card because the brightness contrasts with the grey stock and is what makes it stand out.



Le Tank
This is another card for a photographer, and I do quite like the letterpress and illustrative effect, but I know that this kind of style wouldn't suit my client.



This is more the style of my client - monochrome, clean, minimal and has a full photograph on one side. I do really like the layout of it as well. 



This one shows how you could print onto a different coloured stock with a stamp, and you could use any colour by cleaning the stamp and adding another one on. 



I love how even though this looks really simple, it is printed on high quality stock, has painted sides and also looks letter pressed, which makes the business have a luxurious feel to it as well.



I love how this business card combines blind embossed and inked areas as well and creates an engaging effect.



I love the layout of this and how it has white space on the card because then it allows the person whose card it is to write a note to the person who receives it. I also think the yellow accent works well to keep it engaging.



This shows another example of how to get the painted sides by using a highlighter to paint it on which seems easy.



I like the custom type for the logo here and think it adds a nice touch. The name of the company is on the reverse side but in a sans serif so that it matches the bodycopy.



This is a different format, being square, but I think it works well as the logo and colour scheme is also quite unusual and quirky. 



I love the colours and effect on this business card, it looks magical and shiny which I think captures the viewer's attention. I also love the logo.



Franco Calbum
I think this is clever as the format relates to the business so the viewer has a grasp on what it does.



This is something I could do similar for my client as it has a full image on the back.



I also love this business card as it has been engraved onto wood, which is easy to do, saves on ink and is just another interesting way of creating a business card. This is something I could achieve at uni using the laser cutter as well.



I like how this has combined complimentary colours which actually look good together because the orange is used as an accent. I also like how it has used effects such as embossing.



I love this simple business card, as it doesn't look cheap or boring with it being letter pressed, and the subtle blind emboss on the logo.



Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.