You Are Reading

OUGD401 A Good and Bad Example of Graphic Design

I have been asked to choose a bad and a good example of Graphic Design and justify why I have chosen it.

Here is the bad example:

Here is one of the many awfully designed things that get posted through my flat door. I hate how the website which is in yellow has a black background, as though it is highlighted. It doesn't make it stand out for a good reason. The illustration and gawdy text paired with the white background makes it look like the website and clothing will be tacky. It's just a very unappealing business card which you wouldn't look twice at.

Here is the good example:

 

I think this branding identity for Sugar Deli Food Center is beautiful. Its simplistic and practical, while also being aesthetically pleasing. The identity is the same throughout every aspect of the company which is important to give a clear message to the audience. I love packaging and identity, and this is a really effective example. I think the bags and labels make the food appear very appealing.




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.