You Are Reading

OUGD405 - Postcard Research

I researched some postcards for the postcard project that I did.


As I had gotten a shape to focus on in the postcards, I looked at this illustration on the postcard because it is made entirely of shapes. It could be interesting to change part of the photographs into different shapes too. 


I really like this postcard because of the shapes and colours that are used, to create a really nice illustration. This could relate to my own postcard because it is also revolved around shapes.


These postcards work as a set because they use the same colours and the same style of illustration, and I need to consider a theme throughout my postcards because it is supposed to work as a set. This could be the use of colours, effects, shapes or filter.


I love how this image is made up of different coloured shapes, and you can see where light hits the trees and the ground. I really like the earthly tones that are used, and I could incorporate this into my own postcards by transforming the photographs to be made up out of shapes.


This is similar to the last postcard in the sense that it it uses shapes to make up the image, but the shapes here seem to overlay the image underneath, with a low opacity and texture on top. 


These postcards are double sided, and this is something that I need to do as part of the brief when I am printing. I also need to make sure that each side is consistent with each other, like here the postcards use the same colour scheme. So in my own postcards I could use the same image on either side, or same colours.

Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.